Friday, January 30, 2015

Quick Takes



Linking up with Kelly again today!


I'm too lazy to go and look up the different categories that I decided on, so.......I'll just do my best.



1.
In the Kitchen

Hmmmm...nothing too exciting going on in the kitchen this week.   Yesterday, in particular, was a horrible food day - we ate out for EVERY meal except breakfast because of our schedule.  Blech.  I did try the Soba Noodle broth bowl at Panera and it was pretty good.    Something different, ableit super salty.   I definitely was crazy thirsty afterward.





2.

At School


Yeah, so schooling has kind of been a "just do the basics" this week, too.   I do think I'm going to try a new project with the kiddos, though.  A friend mentioned that she had her son create his own curriculum for a cooking class, planning the techniques and resources needed, and then how to teach cooking a particular dish.  My boys LOVE to be in the kitchen, so I think we're going to do something similar - maybe with friends.   We'll do a cooking tv show, though, I think - they'll plan out the recipe and the script, go shopping, and then film the show, and then edit it on our computer.   The "premiere" will be when we watch the show and (maybe, if I can finagle it) enjoy the dish that is prepared.    I think the kiddos will have a lot of fun, and I love watching their creativity on independent things like that, too!




3.


What I'm reading

Okay, I'm cheating.  I haven't read this YET, but they're written by a dear friend and I know she's talented with words.   Are you looking for something to read?  Go check it out!






4.

In the Gym

Alright, I'm struggling here, I will admit.  I thoroughly enjoy the T-25 workouts, and you'd think that 25 minutes isn't too much time to find during the day, but.......I'm having a hard time doing it.   Could I be working out instead of blogging?  Probably - but the kiddos are all around and working on projects and the only "safe place" for the baby is also where I work out (by the tv).   I've been doing it after the kiddos go to bed at night, but then I struggle with going to sleep.  Maybe the secret is working out and then drinking this.   Does anyone else have this issue and only have time to work out at night?  How do you balance it?  I feel like I'm dragging out of bed the next morning.   (Oh, and working out before the kids get up is unreliable with the baby's wake up time, AND because our oldest child has a super sonic "MOM'S AWAKE" sixth sense and walks out of his bedroom within minutes of me leaving my bedroom, no matter what time I get up!).




5.


Clown Update



We officially have a crawler!  She's slow, but steady, and more than anything else, totally in love with her newfound freedom.   Her favourite place to head, once she starts moving?   Right next to the light switches in the sunken living room - she loves to push the buttons and see what happens!  

Say a prayer for our little Theo-Rio.  He's fighting off some sort of virus and is absolutely miserable.  Part of the reason that this week's been so hard to stay on top of things is due to him being sick - he just wants to cuddle, and while I'm happy to oblige him....it makes it really hard to do anything else around the house.   Sometimes I really hate the fact that we live in a fallen world and beautiful little children have to deal with horrible things like chemo and cancer.  





6.

What I'm hearing....

Right now?  Magic School Bus.  Thank you, Netflix, for bringing it back.   Today's science lesson, at it's very best........




7.

The week in review...

Like I said above, it's been a hard week.  I'm exhausted and kind of totally touched out.   I'm going to write more about it later - this winter has definitely been a cross for me.  I was expecting it, but it still took me by surprise.   I kind of feel like I'm doing my Lenten penance a bit early at times.   It might sound dramatic, but to go from one doctor's visit in  4 years to a child who's constantly sick and clingy while he's sick really has been challenging.   I feel like this one little guy is throwing my entire parenting knowledge for a loop when it comes to sickness and nursing ill children, and that has been really difficult, mentally, for me.   Stay tuned....





***

Alright, lunchtime and laundry calls me.  Have a good weekend, all!

*****

OH!  ETA - we're currently trying to figure out our vacation plans for May.  If you have super awesome, money saving Disney tips, please let me know.  That was our first choice, but budget constraints are leading me to think it might not happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment