Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Five Faves


Sigh.  In the time between I hit "post" on the hamburger bun recipe and opened up this page to write, a certain Circus clown dropped my cell phone into a bowl of water.  It's currently getting to relax in a bag of rice, but if you need me, shoot me an email or call the house number.   

On with the show!



Hanging out with Jenna today for Five Faves!



1.

This soup.  Seriously.  I'm craving it on these cold, snowy days.  So so so good.  (and we do add sweet potato to it, to bulk it up a bit).





2.

This dress.   I drool over most of the clothing on ModCloth, and finally gave in and bought this dress.  It shipped today.  I'm so excited!






3.

While we're talking dresses, these ones for baby Ruthie.    I bought a couple back in October, and she wears them almost daily (I'm not exaggerating.  I pretty much take them off, wash them, and put them back on her).  They're so cute and they have held up SO well.   You honestly can't tell that they've been washed and worn so much.   Great quality!!





4.

We've had a rough winter so far with cold viruses - I think Theo's weakened immune system and the fact that he's in school 3 days a week has meant that we are bringing home EVERY bug possible out there.  While we are pretty good about fighting them off quickly, it's meant that every couple of days, someone comes down with mild cold symptoms.    Poor baby girl has had a cough quite a bit this winter, and it's often one of those coughs that comes on *just* as she's falling asleep and makes getting her to sleep a bit tricky.  (trickier than normal, which is saying something, considering she HATES going to sleep).   Mike came home with some of this stuff one day, and we have become total groupies.  It smells GREAT and it really does work well - if I can remember to put it on her when I'm getting her pajamas on, she falls right asleep with no coughing.  It's fabulous stuff.......we call it her happy hippy baby rub.  




5.


Hmmmm....why do I always blank on the fifth one?  I need to start writing these things down....it happens every week!  OH RIGHT!  I was going to tell you guys about this shop on Etsy.    We purchased Jesse Tree ornaments from them this past year, and I was so happy with the quality and beauty of the ornaments.    So much so that I'm planning on going back and ordering these Stations of the Cross ornaments for Lent.   They're beautiful and I can't wait to add this into our Lenten journey as a family.  Go check them out!  (Just don't buy her out because I still need to get ours!).



Have a great day, y'all!


*******


If you didn't already know, we did deactivate our FB accounts.  You can still follow us through the blog FB page at this link:


Just go to that page, click on "Like", and our blog updates will show up on your newsfeed.   If you use FB to communicate, please think about adding us!   You can send us private messages through that blog page, so it's super convenient if you're on Facebook a lot anyway.   Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I love that Etsy shop! They are in my 5 Faves this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice of dress from ModCloth. I got a couple of dresses from them to wear around Christmas and I was very happy with them.

    ReplyDelete