Friday, January 16, 2015

QT: On the road again...



Linking up with Kelly today!


Taking a cue from Dwija and starting quick take categories.    Seems like a way to feel more organized than I really am.....



1.

At School




One of the fun parts about homeschooling?   When subjects overlap and we can do work together!   How about a little states and capitals bingo?  :)

Also, I read this description of homeschool curriculum options, and yeah, our curriculum is dead-on.  Can you guess which one it is?





2.

In the Kitchen

We're eating these beans a lot lately.  It's so easy to make them, and if you mix it with some copycat Chipotle rice, they make a great base for a burrito bar.    Burrito bar = awesome dinner when we're rolling in the door after a long gymnastics practice!






3.

In the Gym

Well.  I'm not doing too hot with my new year's resolution of keeping up on the t-25 workouts.   In my defense, we had a sick baby (nasty head cold) who was also teething at the same time (shouldn't be allowed!!!) which meant no sleeping for Mommy, and then I caught said head cold.   I've managed to push through a couple of workouts, but definitely not meeting my goal.  I'm not upset about it, though.  Part of taking care of myself includes recognizing when resting is more important than working out.    I have noticed, though, that even though I haven't lost any more weight, my pants are fitting differently than before.    And it's in a good way.  Yay me!







4.

On the Radio

Currently obsessed with this song.  Love that they're sounding more like the old-school Third Day in this one.








5.

What I'm reading

A friend lent me the book "Quiet:  The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" and I'm really enjoying it.   It's taking me for-flippin'-ever to get through it (sneaking a page here and there), but so far, it's giving me a lot to think about.   Since realizing that I wasn't "weird" or "needing to be fixed" because of some of my needs and tendencies, but really was just introverted and it was okay, it's funny how often that subject comes up in my day-to-day life.   It's like a light bulb just turned on and suddenly, everything made sense.   Reading this book has reminded me about the first time I found out that introversion was a "thing" and it didn't mean "shy".   So far, I'd recommend it.







6.

Clown Quote

Graham, at dinner last night, "You know when someone knocks on the bathroom door, I never really know what to say.  I really just want to tell them, 'Hey, I'm kinda in the middle of something here!'"  I'm totally doing that next time.  haha








7.

Week in Review


Let's see....this week was kind of a unpack-then-repack kind of week.   Came home from Sunday's gym meet, just to try and focus on more gym practices and getting schoolwork done and then repacking for our trip to West Point.  We're at West Point now, waiting for both sets of grandparents to arrive, and hanging out in a super sweet hotel room (we "splurged" for the two room suite instead of the one room suite and, LET ME TELL YOU, we are never going back.  Having TWO bedrooms to let kids nap or sleep or play in...it's like Heaven on earth here, guys!).  We spent the afternoon at the gym, cheering on a teammate who competes at a higher level, and we're heading back in a few hours to go watch the college teams compete.  I love this meet - seeing the college age guys (who are competing against/with Olympians) is so inspiring for the rascals.   It's just so much fun.   Our boys don't compete until Sunday, so we're going to spend the first part of this weekend exploring and being tourists.    Anyone out there from the West Point area?   Other than the museum, is there anything else we should go see?  


Alright, have a great weekend, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment