Sunday, February 1, 2015

Crowdsourcing: Can you help?

We're finally biting the bullet and replacing our blender (that I had accidentally taken apart to clean and then realized after the fact that the piece I thought was supposed to come apart wasn't really supposed to come apart and said blender had sprung a leak because of my overambitious cleaning.  Moral of the story?  Don't clean too hard.  You heard it first from me, folks!).

Anywho, after watching how well some of my kids who usually hate breakfast unless it's a carb/sugar fest of pancakes drank smoothies for breakfast, I'm sending Mike to the store to get us a new blender.



Now I need your help.  


Link me up, guys.  What are your favourite smoothie recipes?   Looking particularly for good breakfast ones that are non-dairy (we use almond milk if we need a milk substitute, if that matters) that are kid-approved.  I already have a freezer full of frozen bananas, and a box of straws in the drawer, so I'm ready to stock up and get smoothie-making!



Email me links, or post them below (or on FB).  Thanks!  If you know someone who's a smoothie master, tag them or send them this post, please!   I'm hoping for lots and lots and lots of suggestions for tried-and-true combinations!   


1 comment:

  1. We love smoothies! Our favorites are coconut milk, pineapple and kale or spinach (works best if you freeze the fresh greens first and add some ice and water to adjust the consistency) and frozen mango chunks with ground ginger and a pinch of salt. I usually add vanilla Greek yogurt to the mango one, but I have made it with just almond milk and it's still tasty. My kids also like "chocolate monkeys" which are milk (almond is fine) frozen bananas, peanut butter and cocoa powder.

    ReplyDelete