Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Why I Love My Husband....v.1


Joining up with Kaitlin....


A long time ago, I used to do this on a regular basis.  I agree with Kaitlin when she says: 

"We need to be building up our husbands with everything we have within us, not cutting them down with hurtful comments to other women. Yes, they have faults. But we don't need to expose those faults to others. We don't need to go on and on about them."



It's true.  I hear that so much - every time I get together with a group of women.   And it's oh so easy to slip into, I'm not at all perfect  here.  It's really hard NOT to do it in that atmosphere.  It's just so easy to laugh at the expense of our husbands.  Not because they deserve it or they're funnier or more stupid than we are.....but because it's the accepted joke in our culture.   Watch any TV show.  Who is the buffoon?   Who's the intelligent, hardworking, "I can fix it all" character?   I would bet money that the "fall guy" is the dad or the man (if it's a show about singles) and the "smart" one is the mom or the woman.  

Considering that I currently have four boys that I will someday send out into the world.....I want to do my part to change that.   Like everything else, before you can really make any change, you have to change yourself, right?   So, starting today, I'm going to publicly do my best to raise Mike up instead of tear him down.  (and if you see/hear me starting to slip....smack me.  Seriously.  I'm dense sometimes).


So today.....I want to tell you all why I love my husband.  Just one reason.  I'll tell you more of the reasons some other day, hopefully on a weekly basis if I can remember what day of the week it is.  (homeschooling mom problems).

Today, I want to tell you that I love my husband because he always sets the coffee pot at night.  The nights that he's at the hospital, working, I usually forget and the next morning is soooooo not fun.  But Mike, even if he's just walked in the door from work at 10pm or has a long night of call ahead of him, always gets the coffee ready for the morning and sets the timer.   And because of that, I always wake up to warm, yummy coffee when the rascals get me out of bed in the morning.   Those of you who know me know how important this is (I'm not a morning person, to say the least).  

Why do I love my husband today?  

Because I'm drinking hot coffee right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment