Friday, November 14, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Inside the Circus

Kelly's hosting the link up today, so head on over there and check things out!  


1.

Things are crazy here, as usual.  Every day, I wake up thinking "This day is going to be calm and full of joy," and they pretty much are chaos from the moment my feet hit the floor and the day officially starts.    Going from 3 to 5 kids in the course of a month really is not something that one can prepare for.   My mantra really has become "One day this will feel normal.  One day this will feel normal."   Please tell me that's true.  One day, I will feel like I know what I'm doing, right?


2.

Right now, I've got a double batch of this delicious roasted butternut squash and apple soup roasting, and pita bread rising on the counter.  This probably would be easier if I just bought all of that stuff, but the house wouldn't smell as good, right?   And the oven being on is keeping the furnace from kicking on, which is a nice bonus, considering there's the white stuff on the ground outside today.  


3. 

Speaking of the white stuff, Theo had his first experience with dressing up in snow pants and winter gear.   He was hilarious - he really didn't want to take any of it off to eat breakfast or get into the car.   He wasn't too sure about the actual SNOW outside, but dressing up for it?   He loved that part!  This little guy is such a goof.  I think dress up clothes are definitely going on the Christmas/birthday gift list.

4.

If you didn't see the link yesterday, check out this video.  Joseph had to create a science project and decided to make a movie as his final presentation.   My main goal with this project was reinforcing the scientific method and giving him a chance to be creative, and I'd say he accomplished that.   He's a natural on camera - maybe he'll be a reporter some day, haha.




5.

Mike and I are hitting the stores today and trying to get as much of our Christmas/birthday shopping done as possible today.  We've got babysitters showing up at 3, and a plan written out.   With any luck, we'll be finishing up everything today and I can relax.   My goal is to get everything done before Advent starts, but with Christmas and 3 birthdays (4 if you include my niece!) between Dec 1 and Jan 4, it's a bit overwhelming to even think about.    Any big sales or great finds that you've discovered?


6. 

With luck, all that I will have left after today is Christmas cards.    I'm planning on ordering from a friend, who does awesome work and is trying to raise awareness and funds for the adoption of a little boy.   Check it out!    Designs for Delmar



7.



I don't know about your house, but we've been stressed to the max over here at the Circus.   I really can't put my finger on it, but something needs to change.   We instituted our first change the other night - creating a "blessings chain" that will wrap around the house by Thanksgiving.   Each day, the boys (and me and Mike) can add as many links to the chain as we want (each link has a blessing written on it).    I think it's changing things a little bit - our evenings are less "screamy" and a bit happier.   My hope is that, by the end of the month, we will have changed our outlook a bit.   

If you were coming over for dinner tonight, what would you add to the blessing chain?  Leave your blessings in the comments below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment