Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Five Faves: As far as the eye can see....

Alright, I'm trying to get back into the blogging routine, and so I'm doing it.  I'm gonna try to do some of these weekly "things"....we'll see how well it works.

It's Wednesday, so what happens on Wednesdays?


Oh right!  Five Favourites, over at Call Her Happy.  I'm giving myself a challenge, though.   Five favourite things that I can see from my computer desk.  I can never do things the easy way and all that jazz.


Alright, here we go!


source

1.   This tea.  I LOVE when this time of year comes around.   Seriously.   I am finishing up my stash of boxes from last year (I actually go into our local Trader Joe's and buy all of the boxes on the shelf at once, haha), and I'm so excited to go hunt it down.   It's perfect for this time of year.   Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.  You should definitely try it.


source


2.  This game.   Grandma and Papa brought it with them when they came to visit last month, and it has been a huge hit.   The boys have spent HOURS playing it, and I love love love the peace that comes over the house while they're playing it.  Fantastic find.


source

3.  Okay, maybe this is a stretch, but I'm going with it.   I can see some of the rolls on the counter, waiting to be eaten later, so I'm counting it as one of the things I can see from my computer chair.   Before Ruthie's pregnancy and birth, we'd been using this company to help us fast once a week.   The bread was awesome (and nutritionally balanced, so not just the white bread stuff that gives you headaches when you try to fast on it), the service fantastic, and the price was fair.   Weekly emails with prayer intentions (as well as the chance to add your own prayer intentions, so hundreds of people would be joining us in fasting for a particular intention if we wanted) added to the experience.   Add in the fact that clergy and religious get their bread for free, and we were sold.  We've just started back up, now that I feel strong enough /the baby is old enough, and I'm just as impressed this time around.  Check them out and spread the word!




4.  This quote and picture.   We have it printed and framed and hanging in our schoolroom.   It's the basis of our entire homeschooling philosophy.  I suppose you could call it our mission statement.   I'm sure I'll blog about that more in the future sometime.


source
5.   This stuff.  It's in our liquor cabinet, locked away from little hands, but if I turn around I can see it from my chair.   It's awesome.   Doesn't even taste like pine needles.  :)  If you're a fan of gin and tonics and are local to Maine, give them a call.   You won't regret it!  


That was harder than I thought!  Maybe next time I'll do a better job remembering my favourite things from the week and won't have to try and do it from my chair again.   Nah.  Who am I kidding?  I'm not that organized.   Good thing this computer desk is in the center of the house....


No comments:

Post a Comment