Friday, November 21, 2014

Quick Takes



Linking up with Kelly today!


1.

Holy smokes, Batman.  Today is going to be a DAY again, I think.   One sick toddler, a post-vaccination baby, and three older boys who (for some reason) can't say anything without whining or yelling.  I'm hoping that they're not coming down with what the toddler has, but I'm a little nervous.   The day before they start showing cold symptoms sometimes comes with very cranky attitudes.   Either that's what's happening today, or it's a result of our crazy busy week and they're all just recovering from that.  We'll see.  Keep your fingers crossed!


2.

I think I might try this recipe out for fun this afternoon, while the two littles are napping.   Either that one or our stand-by ginger cookies.   hmmm.  Won't help the diet any, but it might be fun.  Cookies we could freeze, though.  Doughnuts can't be frozen, can they?   If we freeze some, I won't eat it all.  Hmmm.  

3.

Schoolwork is chugging along today.   The crankiness doesn't help much, but getting back into our routine after a week of chaos will help.  I hope.     Does everyone else's kids do that, too?   I feel like we should do school year-round and hardly ever take time off, just because when we DO have a change in routine, everyone gets grumpy.   We can finish high school early, right?  haha.  


4.

We had lots of doctor appointments today, which is partly why things were so off-kilter.   Theo had an oncology appointment, which went well.  Poor little guy is in remission with leukemia, and we needed to establish care with the oncologist here.   He's still got to be monitored for recurrences right now, and then after we hit the "safe zone," we have to monitor for effects of the chemo he received.   So far, he seems to be making a full recovery with no harmful effects, but we have to watch him closely at the same time as celebrating his health.  I really liked this office - it's a children's cancer program, and they were awesome with him.   He was a bit facetious (which I now think was a sign of the sickness to come), but they were great with it.   It was a very fun, colourful, and cheerful place, and it put him right at ease.  He still didn't like the physical exam part, but it wasn't quite as traumatic as it could have been, I think.


5.

Baby Girl had her 6 month check up yesterday.  SIX MONTHS!!  Can you believe it?   She passed with flying colours - she's doing so well.  We're still in the midst of teething (blech), but she's growing well and meeting her milestones.   It was a quick, easy visit - the kind I like!


6.

Gymnastics season officially starts this weekend, with a training clinic down in the Boston area.   This guy will be their guest trainer/coach.  I'm hoping they have fun and learn a lot.  

Meet season is going to be more difficult this year with Theo and Ruthie along, but I'm still looking forward to it starting.   I love the meets - we have to travel for most of them, and we treat them like little mini-vacations.   I love that part of it.  Oh, and it's pretty darn cool to see what the boys can do.  Makes me realize just how hard they are working each time I drop them off at the gym for practice.   I stayed the other night and watched a bit of practice, and it's slightly amazing what they can now do.  I can't wait to see it all!



7.

I'm trying to come up with fun, but not-too-expensive date night ideas for me and Mike.  If you were trying to keep a date night to under $20 (not including the babysitting, obviously!), what would you go do?  Help me brainstorm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment