Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Ramblings

Good morning, y'all.



I missed a few days.  Sorry.  So much for hitting that goal, huh?  haha  

I can't even blame it on being on the go all day, which is my usual excuse.   I just didn't want to sit down and blog.   It was way too beautiful out here - and living in the cold north woods has made me really appreciate those days when they come.  We stop almost everything (schoolwork must still be done), and head outside.  Schoolwork is done in the sunshine, picnic lunches are eaten, and we judge the success of the day by how dirty the bathwater is at night.  Well, unless we go swimming first.   Then, well, you know.


Does anyone else count summer swimming for baths?   I can't possibly be the only one that gives kids a pass on bathing if they've gone swimming.  Right?  


******

I'm feeling rambly today.   Lots of things going on, lots of thoughts in my head.  We're not finished with school here yet, and won't be until July 8th, so life is pretty much the same right now.   Schoolwork and preschool/therapy all morning, gymnastics all afternoon.   I shared a picture of our schedule last night on FB, and well, I think you all can see why I'm insane now.   And always flustered.   And reliant on color-coding our children.  I'd lose my mind if I didn't color-code.

As much as my kids hate still being in school right now as their friends are finishing up, it's sooooo worth it every September.   To be able to enjoy those glorious "Indian summer" days without fighting for space at the beach or playground is just amazing.   They'll agree with me then, I know (they always do!), but for now, I'm fighting serious cases of "I don't wannas" with the oldest three rascals.  I'm trying to balance it by changing up our school days - schooling at the library or coffee shop, for example - but it's still hard on all of us.

******

I guess I'm also suffering from a case of "I don't wanna."  Feeling super stir crazy the past few days.   For an introvert, I actually don't like to stay home all that much.   I like to explore.  I like to be outside.   I don't like being with *people* much (sorry, but it's true - I get overloaded, sensory-wise), but I would MUCH rather spend all day, every day, outside.    

I'll tell you a secret.  I don't really like housecleaning.   Or being all that domestic.     I do it because I have to....and I try to do it to the best of my ability.  Not because I'm all motivated to succeed or something like that.....I just don't want to have to do it again.   haha.

******

I guess I'll wrap up this incredibly exciting blog post of nothingness now.  Maybe a couple of cute pictures?   Of course.  Pictures make everything better.  :)


So, here you go.  The Circus Summer Beginnings.....in photos:


Ahh, potty training.  Not for the faint of heart.

Schoolday picnics!

My favourite "room" of the house

Art class, which necessitated a costume change - even with the smock on!! - before our library trip today



Alright, and with that, I'm signing off.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment