Monday, March 16, 2015

Late night rambling.

I should be in bed right now, because Theo has school tomorrow morning and I have to get us all out of the house by 8 am to get him to school in the morning, but, well, I had a coffee after dinner.   So now I'm awake.  The rest of the house is asleep, and I'm sitting here planning lesson plans for our FL vacation in two months (my poor kids.  Even vacation means schoolwork!).

Today was pretty good - it started rough with tired kids and adrenaline crashes now that the state meet is over and cranky, bickering kids, but we pulled it together and ended up laughing like crazy at a Vietnamese restaurant and neighbouring gelato place and then literally marching (Mr Theo insisted that we all march in a line) down the sidewalk in small-town Maine.    It took a "go back to bed and we'll pretend to start the day over" wake up call.  (Yes, I did that.  I sent all of the boys back to bed at 10 am and made them stay in bed until I walked down the hallway at 10:10 am singing "Time to wake up!!" and telling them good morning.   We needed a reboot), but we made our way into a good day after all.   We had a state champion gymnast (Graham) and two little boys qualifying for the regional meet to celebrate, after all!

Mike had a day off today (yay!), so we packed up the car and went on a field trip to a museum about 45 minutes away.   It was all about the history of shipbuilding and everything-sailing-and-transporting-via-water in Maine, and it was really interesting.  The two oldest boys really enjoyed it, but Nicholas struggled a bit.  It was a very reading-intensive kind of museum, and he's not quite there yet.    Graham caught it on camera:

haha whoops.   I look pretty firm there, huh?  pointing my finger and all

Overall, it turned out to be a really nice day.


It's time to deactivate our FB account again, I think.   The meet is over, so the reason for even being ON FB is gone.  While part of me will be sad to see it go, I'll have to admit, I'm actually looking forward to deactivating again.   It's such a time drain.   And honestly, BOTH Mike and I noticed a drastic change in our emotional states these past two-ish weeks, back on FB.   We both have had the same reaction - we're discontented, distracted, and honestly, emotionally tired.  The best way to describe it?   We're "blah."  Just not as happy or as fulfilled as we were without it.   It's actually slightly shocking that we both were struggling with this overall sense of unexcitedness (is that a word?) about life, and when we talked about it, we realized that the ONLY thing that had changed at home was the re-introduction of Facebook.   It's like it sucked the joy right out of our emotional states.   It almost feels liberating to leave it again.

(That being said, I will keep the blog page going, since it's so easy for everyone to follow it.  Just go here and "like" the page and the blog updates should show up in your newsfeed).

We got the first court date for finalizing Theo's adoption, and are working on getting everything in order for that.   I can't wait for all of this paperwork to be finished - adoption is NOT for the faint of heart,  I tell ya!  This little boy is worth every bit of it, but, man, it is so hard at times!  Legalese is not my first language, and I actually think all of this paperwork has made me *more* nervous to fill out official forms than before the adoption.  I'm always so scared that I'm going to make a mistake and set us back months or screw something up.    There's so much pressure!

This weekend slightly sabotaged the diet/exercise plan.  We've had so much sugar and processed foods over the past two days, and have missed workouts on the same days.  Weigh-in day was on Saturday, and I'm officially down 7 pounds since Valentine's Day, which is fabulous!  Halfway to my goal of 15 lbs by our Florida trip.  Yay!   Tomorrow's going to be rough for all of us, though.  Detox days (no sugar or processed foods, back to the workouts) are struggles.   It's amazing to me just how quickly your body starts to become addicted to junk when you have a "cheat day."  

Alright, I really need to go to bed.   Baby Girl should be up to eat soon, and I want to sneak in some sleep before that happens!   Have a great night, all!  


1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the weight loss!! It feels so good to start attacking that baby weight! Little by little. Keep up the great work! Florida sounds wonderful, and I wish I could've seen your sweet family marching down the street!! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete