Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Meal Plan Monday (a day late)

Not this week's picture, just a recycled one!
I've been kicking around the idea of posting my weekly meal plans for you guys to look at (and maybe share your own with me?  pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?  I'm always looking for inspiration!), and my goal was to share it yesterday.  Meal Plan Monday has a nice little ring to it, right?

But then we went on a day adventure (which was wonderful!), and I didn't get back in time to actually do it.   Sooooo.....Meal Plan Monday on a Tuesday, it is!  

I posted a little while ago about the tools that I use to meal plan, and have used for 10+ years, but I thought maybe you'd like to see what they help me create.  (Don't forget, you can get your own copies of the tools here!). I usually plan on Sundays, with the goal being to grocery shop on Mondays.   (I hate Sunday shopping trips!).    So, you'll see that I usually have one meal that kind of dangles off of the end as my 'flex' meal:   I'll use it to fill in any slots that have "leftovers" assigned to them, if we end up not having as many leftovers as I anticipate, or I'll use it for Sunday night, so I don't have to worry about grocery shopping.  Life happens, so being able to be flexible with our menus helps A LOT.   

I thought about including the macros in each of these for you guys, but decided to not do it.   So much is dependent on what ingredients you use, or how you customize it for your own family, and how many servings you actually get out of each recipe.   I thought that I'd link up to the recipes themselves, instead, and you can adjust and calculate your own macros.   

So, what does our week look like?    Here goes:


Sunday:  Waffles/bacon
                Leftovers
                Rosemary Roasted Chicken and fresh green beans

Monday:   Eggs/toast
                 Packed picnic lunch (on the road)
                 dinner out (on the road).  

Tuesday:  Smoothies/Cereal
                 Mac n' cheese/fruit
                Burrito bowls:  Cilantro Lime rice in the rice cooker; salsa chicken in the crockpot 
                (2 chicken breasts + a jar of salsa, cooked on low all day long); canned black beans, 
                burrito toppings and lettuce for salad options.

Wednesday:  Cereal/Oatmeal
                      Sandwiches/fruit
                      Fish tacos, corn on the cob, salads

Thursday:   Pancakes
                   Leftovers
                   Green salad with strawberries, grilled chicken, feta cheese, avocado, and 
                    poppyseed dressing 

Friday:   (We're going on a field trip 3 hrs away on Friday, so it might be a little iffy on meals).  
               Eggs/toast/yogurt
               packed sandwiches/lunches
               grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup

Saturday:  cereal/oatmeal
                tacos/salad/fruit
                Make-Your-Own pizzas (aka, "Use Up What's In The Fridge" dinner), salad, 
                veggies and dip

Sunday:  Pancakes/bacon
               Leftovers/sandwiches
               Caribbean Beef Stew, green salads

******

What's on your menu for this week?   Any particular favorites?   Link me up in the comments below! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment